Thursday, March 10, 2011

Criminal Investigation for Zdeno Chara?!

I have waited a few days to write about this topic because I wanted to see how it would play out.  Earlier this week, the Bruins captain made headlines for a hit on Montreal Canadiens' Max Pacioretty. Chara's hit sent Pacioretty into a partition at center ice, causing a fractured vertebrae and a severe concussion.  The NHL held a conference call with Chara on Wednesday and later determined that no suspension is necessary since it seemed that the incident was not done on purpose.



Today I learned that authorities in Montreal are opening a criminal investigation on the hit.  I find it curious that this is just coming out today and not right after the hit or the next day.  It seems that there must be a fan of the Canadiens that is upset with the fact that Chara did not receive any punishment for the hit.  Pacioretty has also stated that he was upset that there was no suspension and that he thought that Chara purposely injured him.  I completely disagree, and it's not just because I'm a Boston fan.  I have seen the video multiple times and looked at the pictures.  The actual hit was initiated at least five feet away from the partition, and it was unfortunate that Pacioretty ended up getting hurt.  There was no way that Chara could have made the hit predicting that his opponent would spin around and hit his head against the pole.

The NHL got the decision right, and I hope that the authorities in Montreal will also.

Ryan, I am taking your feedback seriously, so from now on I will give some brief headlines from the recent days:

-Celtics lose to the Blakers (Clippers) last night at the Garden.
-Patriot's Brandon Meriweather has been rumored to be involved in a shooting in Florida.  His attorneys have denied the claims.
-Clay Buchholz pitched four scoreless innings in the Sox win against Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment